Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Catholic Faith in the Grotto

My Catholic Faith in the Grotto

8/7/12

I have finally arrived at the Grotto and it is amazing! It is a quite sanctuary of hundreds of people in celebrative silence and prays. The baths are nearby but the line is so far that I am sure it will take hours to get close to my miracle. As I stand in I wonder what will happen the moment I tough to cold water.

Healing water Grotto Lourdes, France

I have heard all the stories of Mary and all the good she has done in Lourdes and for all the people and I think why did so many Catholics have faith in God and this shrine to Mary?
I think that the statue of Mary placed exactly where Mary appeared to Bernadette in 1958, strengthens Catholics faith in God because it is an example of a woman who gave up everything to live a life without sin as the mother God. She had courage and faith in the face of challenge and adversity. I believe that all Catholics search for all of those qualities to help in their own journey to a life of strong religion and they come to the Grotto to bath in the healing water and pray the Rosary in pursuit of a life without sin. They believe that God will heal them through their faith in him and the Virgin Mary. I believe in all I have said about how the Grotto strengthens catholic faith in God because they are the reason I am here.
Pray at Grotto Lourdes, France

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog, it reminds me of Emile Zola, one of the controversial his writings is the novel “Lourdes” about the conflict of faith and naturalism that took stage in the famous pilgrimage place Lourdes, France.
    I tried to write a blog about it, hope you also like it in https://stenote.blogspot.com/2020/02/an-interview-with-emile.html.

    ReplyDelete