Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Travelling to the Grotto Lourdes, France

Travelling to the Grotto Lourdes, France

8/1/12
Before 1858 Lourdes was a typical village, but a young 14 year old girl Bernadette had her first of eighteen visions of the Virgin Mary in the Grotto de Massabielle.
Map of Lourdes France, Grotto of Massabielle


All kinds of people around the world now visit the famous pilgrimage site to hope for a miracle cure their incurable illnesses and now I am one of them. I had heard from an old friend that St Bernadette dug into the grotto, releasing water that was located where no spring had ever ran. The water is said to have unexplained healing powers.
Healing Water, Grotto Lourdes, France

I am now travelling thousands of miles to a place unknown to me for the slight chance that I will be healed. I have no choice though, I have seen 20 doctor and they said “there is nothing more we can do.” All of the doctors diagnosed me with rare brain defect and they say I don’t have much time but I have faith my God and the Virgin Mary will carry through this pilgrimage.
Pilgrimage site Grotto Lourdes, France

No comments:

Post a Comment